Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Ready for Summer?

Ahhh....life in the Midwest....it's winter time, cold, gray and icy.  Course, we don't have 30 inches of snow....I feel for my East Coast friends!

So I decided....who couldn't use a little sunshine right now?  I know I could, so I'm sharing a project that I had published in Scrap n' Art magazine this summer:


It was created using Paper House products...including their cute cork and die cut cardstock stickers!



The die cut sand castle has just a sprinkle of glitter....the cork'd stickers match up with the Colorways perfectly!


To give this an even more beach feel....I used a sanding block around the edges of the photo.


Another gorgeous die cut sticker....the seashell looks real, right?  It's wrapped in a piece of net and foam taped to the block.


The starfish is another die cut, and the glass knob was a dollar find at a craft store.

This is one of my favorite projects of our beach trip this past summer....I love home decor that is pretty and functional....and better yet....captures those precious memories! 

I really hope you are enjoying sunshine wherever you are....if not....it's time to create your own!

Supplies:
Paper:  Paper House Colorways--Sapphire
Embellishments: Paper House--Sunshine Cork'd stickers; Fun Beach die cut stickers;  Recollections enamel dots
Adhesive: Xyron Mega Runner; Scor Tape
Other:  netting, wooden block, wooden feet, Snow Cap Adirondack paint, glass knob.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, but I need a winter one for when it is 125 outside!!

    ReplyDelete